Sunday, July 25, 2010

Temptations at... farmers markets?

Today is day 3 and so far so good.  I might be having too many Jarrah Choc D'Lites, but I'm having them without milk so thats my justification and I'm sticking to it (and they're only 46cals WITH milk so it cant be too bad - right?)

We went to a farmers market this morning, one that we hadn't been to before and on the way I was so excited about taste testing lots of different home-made goodies that are locally made.  But of course when I got there I realised that you have to have carbs to taste test these things.  Bread with the olive oil, crackers with the chutneys, bikkies for the dips...  carb-carb-carb!  So - I amazed myself and I didnt taste at all :)  I looked, and I smelt and the aromas - wow - delicious!  I'm still amazed that I didnt succumb to actually tasting.

The diet is going well.  The shakes are mostly terrible, so I'm doing things with them.  Today I turned my lunch time shake into cookies which was easy and tasty.  I'm filling up on lots of allowable vege which is great, but I just have to learn some new easy, quick snack recipes.

For dinner I made these bread-like things called "oopsie bread."  They are amazing!  Egg, cream of tartar and philly cream cheese.  And thats it!  I didnt have any cream of tartar though, so I used lemon juice instead (twice quantity) and it was fantastic!  I filled it up with lettuce, tomato and the chicken&vege mince that I made the family for dinner.  Nom nom nom!!

This week is going to be hard.  Hubby is going away for the week, so I wont be accountable to anyone.  This will be my REAL test.  I'm thinking of seeing how it goes, and if I feel strong enough I'll continue with my current shakes plan - but if I dont feel up to it I might think about switching to Lite'n Easy instead.  But I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment